“Perfect -- for certain things....”
Overall, this rental was quite good, living up to our expectations in most ways and exceeding them in some. We spent a week in Paris in late July/early August, with a family group ranging in age from toddler to 78.
One of our criteria for selecting a unit was it had to have air conditioning, and that turned out to be wise, since there were two days with temperatures in the 90's and several days in the upper 80's. The air conditioning in the apartment ALMOST kept up with the high temps -- except for the master bedroom, which was a sauna. Friends lent us a fan, but the apartment should be equipped with fans in addition to the AC.
What we liked:
* the unit is just as lovely as it appears in the pictures, and just as spacious. Our party of 6 adults, 1 child and 1 toddler did not feel crowded.
* the dining room and kitchen were WONDERFUL -- the dining table easily accommodated 10 when we had company, there were enough dishes to serve full meals, and most of the kitchen equipment we needed. The dishwasher was quiet so we could run it and still sit at the dining room table for conversation late into the night, and the full sized frig was great.
* dealings with the rental agency were smooth in all major respects and they handled a few snafus (on our end, not theirs) with appropriate graciousness.
* the recommended driver service was excellent -- and we needed excellence!
* the local bakery is absolutely fabulous. We could have happily eaten bread and butter 3 meals a day for a week. We didn't, of course, but it is really excellent bread and croissants, too.
* The unit was in good shape, very clean, overall well maintained, and fully stocked with all the small supplies that make life smoother (garbage bags, extension cords, dish and laundry detergent, mini-shampoos). Internet service was good, too, and the "free" phone to the US was a nice benefit.
What we did not like so much:
* the location is ideal -- for some other group than ours. It is close to LOTS of boutique shops and plenty of cafes. So if you want to shop for high end clothing and sit on the sidewalk drinking coffee, this is a fabulous location. However, most of what we wanted to do was on the other side of the river or quite far away, and we found ourselves dragging home after what seemed a very long walk from the places we really wanted to be. (Remember, our group included a senior and a baby during a heat wave -- your experience of the distances might be quite different!)
* the location is equidistant to 3 metro stops and 3 grocery stores -- an abundance of riches! But it's not "just round the corner" to any of them, so there we are, dragging again.
* there are 3 bathrooms but only 2 enclosed showers (1 hand held shower in a lovely large bath -- fine if you are careful about these things). We didn't feel crowded in the apartment at all -- except at shower time. Also, there was only 1 bath towel per person, which felt a poor contrast to the overall abundance of supplies in the apartment.
* there were a few minor miscommunications between the US based rental staff and the Paris based staff. Nothing major, but things like how we wanted the beds made up and what equipment was present in the kitchen led to minor glitches which are a byproduct of a staffing structure that covers 2 continents.
* the lovely courtyard garden and fountain pictured is not available for any form of recreation -- you can catch a glimpse of it out the windows (if you lean!) and you can take a peak when passing through the lobby, but it is not a place you are allowed to sit and relax.
Additional considerations -- this is not a unit for the mobility impaired. Though it is in an elevator building, there are effectively 3 levels to the apartment, with stairs throughout. Our toddler managed the open stairs without major incident, but it was something we had to keep a close eye on. The laundry machines worked quite well for European equipment -- it was actually possible to dry clothes.
We had a lovely time and will definitely consider this management company for future Paris rentals -- but we will look for rentals in neighborhoods closer to our intended destinations. And we will pack some extra bath towels.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.